Airport Badging & Security Office
Office Hours: Monday—Friday, 6 a.m.—8 p.m.
Closed weekends and major holidays and durig snow removal operations.
Phone: 309-757-1746 or 309-757-1720
Address: 2200 69th Avenue, Moline, IL 61265.
Located behind brown door, Airport West end lobby directly across from Door 1.
Security Badging Process [General Aviation scroll to bottom]
- Complete this 3 page application form which includes an Access Control Application, Privacy Act Notice and disqualifying crime list. Print the entire packet and fill out manually.
- Bring the completed forms and acceptable forms of identification to your fingerprinting appointment.
- Please note there is a NON-REFUNDABLE $75 fee for a SIDA/Sterile area badge.
- Schedule a fingerprinting appointment with your company Authorized Signatory.
- Bring your completed application forms and acceptable identification to the fingerprinting appointment.
- Allow 15 minutes for fingerprinting.
- See our Terminal Map for location of the entrance to the badging office.
The badging office will notify your company when your clearance has been received. This process could take 3—5 working days.
After you are cleared for Airport access media (badge) you will need to complete the appropriate training for your employment. Your company will schedule this training. Please allow one to two hours for training in the badging office. After the training you will have your photo taken and your access media will be produced. The Access media will give you immediate access to the required or necessary areas.
Badging Media- Fees & Costs
- $75 (NON-REFUNDABLE) for SIDA/Sterile badge media.
- $25 (NON-REFUNDABLE) for GA/AOA badge media
- $10 broken badge media replacement.
- $75 lost badge media.
- $200 (fine) for badge media not returned.
- This fine will be assessed to the company/vendor for any un-returned employee badge media.
- Fingerprinting Fees: $55 for all fingerprints
- See letter from Executive Director Benjamin J. Leischner regarding Media Badge Holders and Company (Tenant) Signators. (September, 2018.)
DO NOT LET YOUR ACCESS BADGE MEDIA EXPIRE, OR YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO START THE BADGING PROCESS AS A NEW APPLICANT.
- To renew security badge media, the badge media holder must complete the renewal process in the month previous to the badge expiration date.
- Fill out this renewal application form completely, and signed by the Signatory.
- After completing the application, please SCHEDULE an APPOINTMENT for Badge Renewal at this calendar page linked, here.
- All identification must be current. Nothing may be expired.
- The identification presented must be original. Photocopies are not accepted.
- The names on your identification must be your current legal name.
- (See name change procedures if you have encountered a name change.)
Name Change Procedures
- The TSA requires that all airport security badge media display the employee’s legal name. MLI is bound by strict TSA regulations.
- Please contact the badging office at 309-757-1746 to make an appointment for a badge media name change.
- You must bring the original acceptable identification with your current (new or changed) legal name.
- Your badge media and identification cannot be expired.
- Complete this 3 page application form which includes an Access Control Application, Privacy Act Notice and Disqualifying Crime List.
- Have the Authorized Signatory sign your application. The Authorized Signatory is the company affiliate authorized to sponsor individuals and request airport identification media for them.
- Clearance takes 5—7 days.
- After receiving clearance, complete the General Aviation training either with the Authorized Signatory or at the MLI badging office.
- Please note there is a NON-REFUNDABLE $25 fee for a GA/AOA badge. See "Fees" in section above.
- See letter from Executive Director Benjamin J. Leischner regarding Media Badge Holders and Tenants. (September, 2018.)
Airport Security Violations Document
- Click here to read document