Thank you for your interest in employment with the Metropolitan Airport Authority of Rock Island County and QCIA Airport Services, LLC. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applications are accepted only for current postings listed below. We cannot respond to telephone inquiries.
Metropolitan Airport Authority:
There are no openings at this time.
QCIA Airport Services, LLC:
QCIA Airport Services, L.L.C. seeks a Part-Time FUELER to join its aircraft fueling team. The FUELER provides refueling services to scheduled airlines, charter flights and cargo carriers. Responsibilities include refueling aircraft, driving fuel trucks, ensuring correct loading and balance of fuel, performing inspections on facilities, fuel systems and fueling vehicles, maintaining good customer relations, staying current on regulatory policies and ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a history of reliability and professionalism in employment and experience working effectively with customers. This position requires outside work, including work in extreme temperatures.
Monday & Tuesday: 4:30 – 8:30 A.M.
Friday & Saturday: 4:15 – 8:15 A.M.
Position requires some flexibility for additional hours as needed.
Starting Pay $15.57 per hour
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED;
- Experience working around aircraft preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with regard to weight, measurement and volume.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to use good judgment to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Mechanical aptitude beneficial.
Required Special Qualifications
- Ability to pass a post-employment offer physical examination and drug screen.
- Ability to pass a background investigation to obtain unescorted Airport Identification/Access privileges.
- Ability to operate a vehicle and possession of a driver’s license valid in the State of Illinois.
- Ability to successfully complete training and pass all required exams.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and completed application to Human Resources, 2200 69th Avenue, P.O. Box 9009, Moline, IL 61265. Application deadline is July 23, 2014 at 4:30 P.M.
NOTE: The Airport Authority does not hire for airlines, rental car agencies, gift shops, TSA, or other airport tenants. Please contact these companies directly for employment information.