Thank you for your interest in employment with the Metropolitan Airport Authority of Rock Island County and QCIA Airport Services, LLC. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applications are accepted only for current postings listed below. We cannot respond to telephone inquiries.
Metropolitan Airport Authority:
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER
The Metropolitan Airport Authority seeks a full-time Public Safety Officer. The Public Safety Officer provides police protection and aircraft fire suppression and rescue services for the Quad City International Airport. Duties and responsibilities include responding to all emergencies, alarms and dispatched calls, protecting airport property and persons by citation, arrest, or other intervention, investigating suspicious activities and situations, and responding to citizens’ questions and comments in a courteous and timely manner. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an employment history characterized by professionalism, accountability and the ability to exercise sound independent judgment and initiative in a wide variety of situations.
Education, Experience and/or Training:
- Completion of 60 semester hours from an accredited institution of higher education, AND
- Three (3) years previous police experience, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications:
- Must be a certified Police Officer in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain a waiver from the ILETSB based on previous training and experience in another state;
- Must be 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen;
- Eyesight correctible to 20/20 in each eye;
- Ability to pass a physical agility test for law enforcement officers;
- Ability to pass a post-employment offer physical examination, including respirator test and drug screen;
- Ability to pass a police background check;
- Ability to pass a background investigation to obtain unescorted Airport Identification/Access privileges;
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license
Public Safety Officer is a bargaining unit position. The work schedule is 24 hours on/48 hours off. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume with certificates and credentials, and completed application to Human Resources, 2200 69th Avenue, P.O. Box 9009, Moline, IL 61265. Application deadline is 4:30 P.M. May 13, 2014.
QCIA Airport Services, LLC:
There are no openings at this time.
NOTE: The Airport Authority does not hire for airlines, rental car agencies, gift shops, TSA, or other airport tenants. Please contact these companies directly for employment information.