Arriving on Time
Mornings are the busiest time of the day at the QCIA. Your check-in time should be at least 90 minutes to 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure time as recommended by TSA and your airline.
- Airlines are required to close the doors to the aircraft 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight.
- Airlines require that passengers be in the gate area 30 minutes prior to departure.
- TIcket counter/gate agents do not come to the checkpoint to pull anyone forward in line.
- TSA does not move anyone forward based on their flight being called for departure, or any other announcements that "the doors are closing" to your flight.
- There are multiple departures in the 6 a.m. hour, some of them just minutes apart. Many planes seat more than 50 passengers meaning at a minimum, there could be 250 or more passengers trying to screen through the checkpoint prior to 6:00 a.m.
- Many folks think because we are a smaller airport, you can arrive later- this is not the case and is not recommended.
- Having TSA "Pre-check" allows you to use the Pre-check lane (when open, during very busy times, including early mornings) and allows many expedited options as described in the TSA Pre-check program. For more information about TSA Pre-check, click here.
Need helpful assistance while at the airport? Click here for customer care.
Neither the Metropolitan Airport Authority of Rock Island County, IL (manager of the Quad City International Airport) nor the local FAA tower can give any permissions allowing drones to be used near the QCIA. Review the FAA website regarding drones.
Review Packsafe packing tips for a list of which items are allowed or not allowed in checked, or carry on bags.